Saul Griffith is one of my favorite speakers of all time. I love his personal energy use pie.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
How can you lower your energy use? Here are a few ways to start.
1. Fly less (if you fly a lot)
2. Drive a lot less and less often
3. Car pool, in hybrid if possible
4. Take public transportation
5. Use electric motor-scooter.
6. Bike instead of drive when it is feasible! (helps decrease obesity, heart attacks, & diabetes)
7. Eat meat less often.
8. Take care of what you have and make it last longer. Buy top quality things that last!
9. Don’t buy water in plastic bottles! A lot of energy goes into making plastic bottles. Drink water from tap. Use filter if necessary!!! Drink wine and water in glasses! Bring water on trips in reusable bottle.
10. Insulate your hot water heater!
11. Don’t buy crap!
12. Use energy saving light bulbs
13. Put solar panels on your roof, your doghouse roof, your barn, your garage.