“The future has never had a big enough constituency” – Bill Clinton.
Imagine a sustainable regenerative way of living for all beings.
Imagine truly protecting the health of all present and future life on planet Earth.
Protecting healthy life on earth requires us to go beyond systems that merely reduce damage and switch to systems that leave our planet and people restored to their natural healthy state, or, a higher, better state. Sustainable Regenerative Systems are sustainable world improvement systems.
Nothing is more fatal to the progress of the human mind than to presume that our views of science are ultimate, that our triumphs are complete, that there are no mysteries in nature, and that there are no new worlds to conquer. – Humphry Davy, British chemist & inventor
SUSTAINABLE WORLD-IMPROVEMENT SYSTEMS AND
WORLD IMPROVEMENT INTRINSIC TO ALL HUMAN SYSTEM DESIGN.
IMAGINE: Cradle-to-Cradle applied to all systems
IMAGINE: Sustainable Soil Betterment Systems
IMAGINE: Sustainable Energy Enhancement Systems
- 80% of America’s electricity will come from clean energy sources by 2035. Some folks want wind and solar. Others want nuclear, clean coal, and natural gas. To meet this goal, we will need them all – and I urge Democrats and Republicans to work together to make it happen. – Obama
- RT @350: 350 is everywhere — Explore a video map of actions from all over the world http://bit.ly/dUHQ2b thx @onedayonearth!
- A Passivhaus is deceptively simple: You pack in a sh#*!load of insulation and use high performance windows, seal it tight as a drum so that no energy leaks out, site it carefully to maximize passive solar but shade it properly so that it doesn’t overheat, and put in proper ventilation so that you don’t suffocate for lack of fresh air. Serious Materials is revolutionizing the window industry at all parts of the marketplace: At the high-end, they make fiberglass framed windows that achieve an R value of up to 11, probably the first American made windows suitable for Passivhaus design.
- RT @NatGeoGreen: Test your home heating IQ with this quiz and find out what the most efficient technologies and fuels are: http://on.nat
- RT @theoceanproject: Carbon Nation: A Climate Change Solutions Movie http://fb.me/TcuBHtJp
- RT @EarthTechling: MIT Aggressive On Energy Efficiency, saves millions of kilowatt hours last year http://bit.ly/giWMO2 #green #mit #ene ..
- EcoLocalizer What Makes Cities Smart & “10 Smartest Cities on the Planet” – TIME recently featured a video of top U.S. mayors
IMAGINE: Sustainable Water Betterment Systems
IMAGINE: Sustainable Business Betterment Systems - RESPONSIBLE CAPITALISM
- Rethinking Capitalism - Harvard Business Review: Michael E. Porter, on why business leaders must focus on shared value. http://bit.ly/fUV9Nc
- The Big Idea: Creating Shared Value by Michael E. Porter and Mark R. Kramer – Harvard Business Review http://bit.ly/epkXSp
- Economic sustainability. Shared value creation. Business as benefactor of society.
- (true accountability. social enterprise. capping profit margin) (Michael Porter)
- “Social enterprise often identifies a need or market opportunity faster than a large business might–but that large business has the resources and skills to address it more efficiently. True partnership between traditionally separate entities (business and government, business and social enterprise) is key to shared value realizing its potential.” - Karen Dillon, Editor of Harvard Business Review
- Policies and operating practices that enhance the competitiveness of a company BY advancing the economic and social conditions in the communities in which it operates. The leading indicators – and root drivers – of bottom line profit are driven by metrics that include Health, Wealth, Earth, Equality and Trust (which align with Maslow’s hierarchy of needs).
- “The change must come from the consumer, particularly the women. They are our hope : they control Internet as audience and if they get educated enough to identify the true shared value among all the marketing lies they will lead us to a new eCommerce paradigm.” – José Luis Senent
- Yvon Chouinard - Patagonia – A new business model
IMAGINE: Sustainable Production Betterment Systems
- LESS TOXIC ENVIRONMENT AND HOMES
IMAGINE: Sustainable Human Interaction Betterment Systems
IMAGINE: Peace beyond tolerance and cooperation.
- (Video) TEDTalk Jody Williams: A realistic vision for world peace http://nblo.gs/cYGSy
- “Americans have called on moderates in Muslim countries to speak out against extremists, to stand up for the tolerance they say they believe in. We should all have the guts do the same at home.” -NICHOLAS D. KRISTOF New York Times
- RT @yokoono: Let’s carry the clearest vision of a peaceful world. Not with anger, not with fear. With your vision. Nobody elses.
IMAGINE: Sustainable Health Betterment Systems
BEST POSTS AND PAGES ON FUTURISM
Center for a Livable Future: Living for a Healthy Future
SUSTAINABILITY AT THE VERY LEAST